Data Privacy Intern
Seeking an individual to contribute on a part-time volunteer basis and collaborate closely with Virufy management and globally-dispersed legal teams to help manage data privacy concerns for their local jurisdictions.
- Advise management and infosec teams on relevant data security policies for local regulations
- Research data privacy and protection questions raised from leadership as relevant to your locality, such as for CCPA, GDPR, and LGPD
- Support responses to inquiries from government authorities and individual requests such as data deletion and data portability
- Translate and localize legal documents as necessary
- Data privacy certification in the candidate’s target country
- Organized, collaborative, detail-oriented, and tech savvy with exceptional communication skills and responsive to emails/messaging
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to carry out tasks independently
- Previous experience in non-profit organizations (including research or internship)
- Understanding of the deep meanings of legal terms such as “reasonable efforts”
- Fluency in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese
- 10+ hours per week while actively localizing policies
- Reach out to email@example.com and we will get back to you promptly.
Virufy complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRAC). Virufy is an equal opportunity, volunteer-run, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for a volunteer opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable Federal, State, local, or international laws.Back